Howto speed up Yocto build
From KoanSoftware Wiki
Revision as of 13:30, 3 October 2013 by Koan (Created page with "== How to speed up Yocto build == Build performance tuning for OE/Yocto * Recommended free disk space: about 100 Gbytes * Put the build directory on its own disk. This is good …")
How to speed up Yocto build
Build performance tuning for OE/Yocto
- Recommended free disk space: about 100 Gbytes
- Put the build directory on its own disk. This is good practice in its own right since the build system has a tendency to wear disks heavily.
- Use the ext4 filesystem for the build disk
- Turn off journaling for ext4 (“$ tune2fs -O ^has_journal <disk>")
- Mount using the options "noatime,barrier=0,commit=6000"
- Use a tmpfs for /tmp
Example of /etc/fstab
# <file system> <mount point> <type> <options> <dump> <pass> proc /proc proc nodev,noexec,nosuid 0 0 UUID=/dev/sda1 / ext4 noatime,barrier=0,commit=6000,errors=remount-ro 0 1 UUID=/dev/sda5 none swap sw 0 0 /dev/ram0 /tmp tmpfs size=1G 0 0